Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Da Adbentyurs op a Lone Rider Part 5: Wave 100R Send-off

Matagal tagal ko na rin itong pinagisipan. I love my Wavey, pero bitin talaga ako sa power nya. Medyo marami na rin akong naigastos para sa upgrades, pero wala pa rin. I decided on getting a new MC, pero habang hindi pa ako kumukuha, I decided to do a "send-off ride" for my Wavey - this time will be my longest ride on this motorcycle. 


It was November 21. Napakaganda ng weather lately, parang napaaga ang summer. And when my rest day came, I prepared my ride for this last long trip. Beforehand, napalitan ko na rin siya ng bagong Dunlop tire (original Honda as per spec). Linis ng outside, checked my chain, and I already had my change oil about 2 days earlier. I took an early lunch at around 10am, and I was off.

Hindi na ako nag picture masyado ng mga arkong nadaanan ko na dati from Legazpi to Naga City. Hinahabol ko kasi ang oras, I know with my MC at its current speed eh gagabihin ako. Pero I had to because next time na magkaka-free time ako eh iba na ang MC ko. Around 12.30 high noon when I reached Naga City, I took the Almeda Highway para hindi na ako dumaan sa bayan.

It was around 1:10PM when I reached this arc, first point of interest (I've been here before but not on 2 wheels).


Medyo may nagbabadyang mga ulap at this point, pero mostly clear naman ang kalangitan kaya nagpatuloy ako. Just a few kms. ahead and I got to the Pamplona Arc.



At this arc, I got my 11,000th odometer reading. 


From then on, there were a lot of one-way streets - roads under construction. This was one of them:

Moving on. I gassed up at the first station I get to. Pasiguro lang, baka maubusan. At around 2:00PM I got to this point, entering Sipocot:


Diretso lang ako to Sipocot. Marami pa ring under construction dito, kaya medyo hindi tuloy tuloy ang byahe, even after Sipocot proper. I got to Sipocot, entering R. Andaya Highway around 2:45PM.


I originally intended to get to the CamNorte - Calauag, Quezon arc but due to time constraints, I opted to go to the CamSur - Tagkawayan, Quezon arc instead. I took the left turn, taking the R. Andaya Highway. Medyo maganda na ang mga daan from then on, medyo may mga malalaking lubak lang pero it was in the middle of the road. So, unless inabot ka na ng gabi dito, it's a pretty safe place to travel. 

Pinapanatili ko lang na nasa 80kph ang takbo ng motor ko, dahil medyo malayo na ang naibyahe ko ng walang pahinga except at gas stops, mahirap na baka bumigay ito, naka bore-up pa naman. Pero so far, wala namang angal ang motor ko, tuloy pa rin.

I got to these points at around 3:30PM. I only had about 2 and a half hours of daylight kaya medyo nagmadali na ako to reach the arc.



Finally, at around 4:10PM I was able to reach my intended destination - the Del Gallego, CamSur - Tagkawayan, Quezon Arc. This is more popularly known as the Quirino Highway.





I took a short rest here, for around 20 minutes, while savoring my little victory (ito ang unang beses na nakalabas ng Bicol itong Wavey ko). Before I got here, I asked some locals that I passed by kung gaano pa kalayo yung arko, in Bicolano. Hindi nila ako naiintindihan. I was thinking, CamSur pa naman ito, pero tagalog na pala sila rito (in Del Gallego).

It was 90 kilometers after the arc in Pamplona to this arc, as indicated in my odometer:

 

After some rest, it was time to go back. Pero nung pabalik na ako, biglang naputulan ako ng chain. I thought ok lang, dala ko naman yung isa kong chain, but to my dismay, iniwan ko pala sya sa bahay to make room for my motorcycle rain coat and leftover oil. Naku!

Buti na lang, I recovered my chain and it was still intact, walang kulang sa chain links, kailangan lang bumili ng lock. It was still an 8-kilometer hike to the nearest mechanic. Wala silang 420 na chain lock, kaya ginawan na lang ng paraan yung lock ko, they got one from an old, already unused chain. Mabait sila at talagang inassist nila ako until my ride was good to go. It was around 5:45PM when I was able to head back home.

Kinaya naman ng remedyong chain lock yung byahe from Del Gallego to Legazpi, and until now hindi ko pa pinapalitan yung chain na yun. I reached my home at around 10:25PM. My butt hurts, my arms were tired, and my alertness was already low, pero nakarating naman ako ng safe. It was a truly unforgettable experience, as it was my first time to go outside of Bicol riding on two wheels. I know mauulit pa ito, maybe even farther, when I get my new bike.

Until the next ride. And to my Wave - may your next owner treat you well. I'll make sure he will. *evil smile*

No comments: