Thursday, May 19, 2016

Safety First: Investing in Quality Riding Gear

I've long been wanting to get me one of 'em most popular helmet brands, either AGV, Arai, Caberg or Shoei. Finally, after a couple of years of botched savings, I got one, for a STEAL!

 I got the older model Shoei QWEST, but the helmet is still in pristine condition.

Yes, it's quite pricey, what with some helmet brands like LS2 and Spyder retailing for around 3-5 thousand pesos only. But, I'd like to maximize my chances of living through a crash (not to ask for it, but hey...) My noggin is, after all, more precious than any helmet I could buy.

The first thing I noticed when picking the helmet up was that it's unusually lightweight, which got me a bit worried if the shell would protect my head at all. But after reading some reviews from other users, I was reassured.

My touring gear is almost complete. Now I've got to save up for a decent pair of riding pants. Looking forward to my summer 2016 ride.

Ang summer ride ko ay parang yung plano nyong swimming ng mga barkada mo: drawing. Lelz. Pero makukulayan din kita, pramiz! Haha.

For now, it's time to suck it up and do more paperwork...

'Til next time!

 PS: Thanks to one of my idol riders, sir Wawi Villanueva, for the awesome deal for this helmet. 


No comments: