Saturday, October 10, 2015

Welcome to the Wolves' Den

I've been waiting for this bike to be released, since 2011 when word of it first came out. Imagine the disappointment, of the thought that the bike you have been saving up for may never not be released in your country. Fortunately, it was released. And finally, after three long years, I have you in my hands.

Kawasaki Rouser 200NS. I can still remember how happy I was the first time I straddled it.




Here are the tech specs:

Displacement - 199.5 cc
Maximum Power - 23.17 Bhp @ 9500 rpm
Maximum Torque - 18.3 Nm @ 8000 rpm
Gearbox - 6 Speed
Seat Height - 805 mm
Ground Clearance - 169.00 mm
Kerb/Wet Weight - 145.00 kg
Fuel Tank Capacity  - 12.00 liters
Liquid Cooled engine with the triple spark plug DTS-i system

Priced at PHP95,000, with little price fluctuations depending on the dealer, for its specs, it's a VERY GOOD DEAL, maybe too good to be true.

The only drawback, upon first impression, is the lack of a rear fender. Dealers said that there is an original Bajaj front and rear mudguard, but it is sold as a separate accessory. Why the manufacturers did not include it as an original package (like the Rouser 135 LS) is beyond me. Maybe they think it'll be good business. 

At first I was apprehensive, because of many reports of users experiencing the liquid coolant mixing with the engine oil. Locally termed as "CNG", which stands for "choco na gatas" for the distincitive chocolate-milk appearance of the mixture, it has haunted brand new and older units alike. The culprit is most probably a faulty oil seal. But, I put my mind at ease as there is a very skilled mechanic in my vicinity. Also, Kawasaki offers free service, even in-house, to those who would experience this problem.

This is what CNG looks like.

Fortunately, so far I did not experience the dreaded CNG, and I have taken it upon myself to advise and to prove to others, especially in the NS Facebook Groups and to all haters and doubters, that not all units are prone to this defect. I have already made many rides with my new "wolf" (as it's called by the a Rouser NS exclusive club.) Watch out for my ride reports for it. 

And I know I'll make many more. 

Thanks for the read. Until next time!

No comments: